cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do i get Device not found in STM32CubeMonitor

sde c.1
Senior II

I am using a custom board equipped with an STM32G473 controller and use ST LINK V2 .

Recently, I decided to explore the usage of CubeMonitor for the first time. While the YouTube videos I watched provided clear instructions, none of them mentioned any potential issues that might arise during the process.

However, I encountered a problem where STM32CubeMonitor displays an error message stating "Device not found."

Strangely, I can communicate with the board perfectly fine using STM32CubeIDE

I am curious as to why I am experiencing this issue and what steps I can take to resolve it.

Settings in IDE

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjs45QAA.pngThese are the lines that are connected between STLINK and board

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjs4PQAQ.png 

I attempted to close STM32CubeIDE before launching Dashboard to ensure that the connection is not being used by any other application. Unfortunately, this approach did not resolve the issue.

Additionally, I double-checked that I selected the SWD (Serial Wire Debug) mode in CubeMonitor, but this did not provide a solution either.

Now I'm wondering what else might be causing the problem. Are there any other potential factors I should consider?

Ideally, it would be perfect if I could run both connections simultaneously. This would allow me to debug my code in STM32CubeIDE while monitoring my variables in CubeMonitor. Is it possible to establish both connections at the same time?

This is my setup in CubeMonitor

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjs5IQAQ.png 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sde c.1
Senior II

I have successfully resolved the "device not found" issue. It turns out that there were two executable configuration nodes in my design, but one of them was not visible. After discovering the hidden node and deleting it, everything started working as expected.

Now i would like to know if i can debug and monitor simultaniously?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sde c.1
Senior II

I have successfully resolved the "device not found" issue. It turns out that there were two executable configuration nodes in my design, but one of them was not visible. After discovering the hidden node and deleting it, everything started working as expected.

Now i would like to know if i can debug and monitor simultaniously?

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hi

In order to debug simultaneously, you need to change connection type to "tcp": please read wiki.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.