cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update STM32IDE

Anton Kaisti
Associate II

Hi,

i cannot update the STM32IDE firmware. I only get this error after a long time of being stuck in the update process at 36%

0693W00000UoGUlQAN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anton Kaisti
Associate II

Hi again,

Managed to resolve the issue. The previous version of the IDE for some reason did not notify the the above errors as errors at all. The problem was that some variables were initiated multiple times. Got it fixed and everything is now working as intended. Thanks Samer for the help.

Anton

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Anton Kaisti​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

If this behavior persists, try to check the network connection in the CUbeIDE. In case you are using a PROXY make sure that CubeIDE take the same configuration.

Don't hesitate to reply in case this proposition didn't respond to your exact need.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Anton Kaisti
Associate II

Hi, i now managed to update to the latest firmware, however now all projects have a massive amount of errors and i dont know what to do about them. Here an example:

0693W00000UoLIaQAN.png 

Urgent help needed.

Regards

Anton

Seems to be missing at least one include file.

Find first error.

Check where file is normally included in the build​, and that the file is present.

I would generally avoid updating a primary build environment, but understand ST pushes this and the instability that causes.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Anton Kaisti
Associate II

Hi again,

Managed to resolve the issue. The previous version of the IDE for some reason did not notify the the above errors as errors at all. The problem was that some variables were initiated multiple times. Got it fixed and everything is now working as intended. Thanks Samer for the help.

Anton

Hi, the includes were correct. it was just that some variables were initialized 2 times and this did not cause any errors in the previous version (for some reason)

And i do agree with you that i should not update the version (for this exact reason) however we got a new sensor which had some drivers that were not available in the previous version. 😅

Thank you for the help anyway!

Anton