cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSC Groups on L432KC

akarger
Associate

Hey there,

I'm just getting started with touch sensing on the STM32L432KC, therefore I wondered about the following: I can just see "Group 2" in System Core > TSC (See picture). "Group 2" implicates, that there is a "Group 1".

akarger_0-1691575078199.png

Is there also a "Group 1", which I can't see because of some missconfiguration?

Thanks for the replies!

Arndt Karger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stassen.C
ST Employee

Hello Arndt,

On this MCU you only have 1 TSC group named group 2.
On larger MCUs like STM32L412 for example you have 2 TSC groups and it happens that on PB4 and PB5 it is named TSC group 2

StassenC_0-1691576195444.png

So to keep a coherent naming convention we decided to keep the same group name across all the series.
That's why you see group 2 there but in reality you only have 1 group on your MCU

Regards,
Stassen

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Stassen.C
ST Employee

Hello Arndt,

On this MCU you only have 1 TSC group named group 2.
On larger MCUs like STM32L412 for example you have 2 TSC groups and it happens that on PB4 and PB5 it is named TSC group 2

StassenC_0-1691576195444.png

So to keep a coherent naming convention we decided to keep the same group name across all the series.
That's why you see group 2 there but in reality you only have 1 group on your MCU

Regards,
Stassen

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Stassen,

Thank you for your fast reply! The naming convention makes sense, even if it is not really logic to start counting by 2. But that explains everything I need to know.

Kind regards,

Arndt