cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The STM32IDE closes as soon as it opens

vcosk.1
Associate

The program closes as soon as it opens. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Does anyone have a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

the ide may have many bugs...and from time to time cannot start again also on my PC.

STM seem not care much about this but thats another story.

you can try - on your own risk - (backup the file ) then try :

>> To fix this, just remove this file inside your workspace:

>> .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

>> Hope this solves the issue.

>> (this file is the responsible of saving your workbench layout)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
vcosk.1
Associate

Thank you for your response. I switched to version 1.12, and currently, there are no problems. However, when I uploaded a code that I had previously loaded, the STM32F1 processor became unusable a couple of times. I think this is also related to the update. I regret updating.

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @vcosk.1 and welcome to the community,

Could you please specify the STM32CubeIDE version in which you found this problem and the operating system you are using.

Thanks,

Rim

HeyJoe
Associate

I'm having the same problem. I have been using the present version, v1.15.0, on my Win 10 for weeks if not months, and going about my business writing and debugging code just fine, then suddenly, today, it started to happen to me. The app closes itself about 15 seconds after opening. I have yet to find a solution. I tried rebooting. I tried upgrading to V1.15.1. with a new default workspace. I tried disconnecting from the internet as someone in a similar post suggested. I tried deleting the .lock file. As for deleting "workbench.xmi", in the versions I tried, there is no directory name "/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/" in the path: .metadata/.plugins/.  I had to switch to using the IDE on my laptop. It's running win 11 using the same v1.15.0 IDE and on the same network.