cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747 Touchgfx Custom Board Config

snnzdmr1
Associate II

hi . 
I am trying to use a display lcd using parallel rgb (LTDC RGB888) with STM32h747XIH on a special board.

STM32CUBE-IDE v1.14.0

Touchgfx Designer  v4.22.1

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1

My project creation steps are as follows :

1-Stm32 project creation

2-RCC Setting HSE & LSE

3- I open the LTDC unit and select "Display type RGB888(24 bits)". DSIHOST is automatically checked but DSIHOST Disable is selected.if I try to remove the DSI host tick, CubeIde Message "DSIHOST, LTDC are linked,both configurations will be lost would you like to continue anyway ?" and 

dsi.png

 4-Middleware and Software Packs -> X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX -> Graphics Aplication checked

xtouch.png

 5 -Middleware and Software Packs -> FreeRtos -CMSIS_v2

6- Save and generate code

7-Touchgfx->ApplicationTemplate.touchgfx.part duble click and touchgfx designer opening .click Generate code

and fail : 

Post Generate Target
touchgfx update_project
Unable to locate C:/Users/sinan/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.14.0/sdsd/.cproject
Failed 

Yeah, there's really no such file there.

if I copy cm7/cproject from a subfolder here, a lot of different error messages appear.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touch-gfx-and-gui/touchgfx-designer-error-quot-unable-to-locate-c-lt-path-to/td-p/100242

here's no solution for me .

Then I proceed to the 2nd method. I create the project using the STM32h747 example in the touchgfx designer

Then i change the LTDC unit to RGB888 24 bit ,DSIHOST Disable 

Failed ! 

../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_ltdc_ex.h:32:10: fatal error: stm32h7xx_hal_dsi.h: No such file or directory

I want to generate code with the 1st method.
by adding a blank project with the necessary peripheral settings and touchgfx

What am I doing wrong?

Can you help me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem is solved. There is no need to turn off the DSI host. Start the DSI host in "command mode via apb interface"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
snnzdmr1
Associate II

The first problem is solved.
But it still keeps giving the following error in cubeide when turned on in ltdc parallel rgb mode. 

../../Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_ltdc_ex.h:32:10: fatal error: stm32h7xx_hal_dsi.h: No such file or directory

The solution to the first problem is to create the project completely in cubemx. Uncheck "Generate Under Root" before pressing the generate code button in cubemx.

If I continue with my original question, why can't it find the dsi.h library ? how i fix it ? 

mratasoy
Associate

I've came across the same problem. Disabling DSI mode via "project_name.ioc", "stm32h7xx_hal_dsi.h" file is not included in project workspace but It seems compiler try to execute this line even DSI mode is not active.

Then I realized there is a code   in "stm32h7xx_hal_ltdc_ex.h" file at line 32. "stm32h7xx_hal_ltdc_ex.h" file cannot be reached by stm32cubide workspace but can be manually reached "..\Drivers\STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver\Inc" directory.

I tried to comment out #include "stm32h7xx_hal_dsi.h" line and all function prototypes in "stm32h7xx_hal_ltdc_ex.h" file and build the project "No such file or directory" error no longer exist.

mratasoy_0-1712296234755.png

Problem is solved. There is no need to turn off the DSI host. Start the DSI host in "command mode via apb interface"