cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Problems while porting from stm32h757 to stm32h747

yuri CH
Senior

Hello!

i am currently porting an existing project from stm32h757 to stm32h747.

i have created a new cubemx project for the stm32h747 and copied all details from the original project (please note the cube version is the same). also, i have copied the .icf files.

after generating the new project i tried to compile (for the M7 core) and recieved a link error:

Error[Lp011]: section placement failed

unable to allocate space for sections/blocks with a total estimated minimum size of 0x8'1abc bytes (max align 0x8) in <[0x2400'0000-0x2407'ffff]> (total uncommitted space 0x8'0000).

after increasing the RAM this was solved, but now i am uncomfortable to go foward because i do not understand the problem, how did this happen from the same cube config.

Please advise so i can go on without hiding any problems 🙂

thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @yuri CH​ 

You cannot extend AXI SRAM memory size as it is mentioned in the memory map.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJq9sQAC.pngIt is possible that the compiler optimization level can influence the code size and memory requirements.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yuri CH
Senior

Hi,

i am actually able to increase the size of that section but as i understand from you this can resolve in unexpected behavior? could you tell me what this could cause?

regarding the optimization, it is completely disabled.

also, i dont understand why this does not work on the STM32H747 when the on the STM32H757 it works perfectly, the addresses are the same and the cube generated project is also the same...

S.Ma
Principal

Didn't compare both datasheet, I will assume the memory map is the same between the two chips, only the crypto related IPs are missing in the H747.

Are there specific memory reserved for :

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJyr4QAC.pngOtherwise, as said above, how did you change your project from the 757 to the 747 ? Which toolchain are you using ?