cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407G-disc1 Firmware Missing

elexus
Associate II

I bought stm32f407g-disc1. I downloaded stm32cubeide. While I am creating a project, I am constantly downloading firmware files and getting the following error. (code generation could not be done most probably because the necessary firmware package is missing). I looked for the solution of the error on the internet but couldn't find anything. it didn't help those. Also, I had a nucleo card before, I didn't have a problem with it, in the mx and ide parts. I will be glad if you help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
elexus
Associate II

There was a problem of not detecting the repository due to the characters in the account name that I logged on to the pc. As a solution, I opened a new user with English characters, I reset it in windows, then I reinstalled the pc and the problem was solved. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @elexus 

This post answer a similar question. Please take a look.

Hope this is helpful for you. If your question is answered please check this answer as best answer to be diffused.

Best regards.

II

I did the steps here exactly on 4 different computers and the result did not change.

Can you install CubeMX and open your project using the last version of CubeMX. Also I suggest you to update to the last version of CubeIDE.

You can also use this video to resolve your issue.

Best regards.

II

I downloaded cubemx and I'm getting firmware missing error. It constantly downloads rar files and gives an error.

Then, I suggest you to uninstall all ST softwares and reinstall them after clearing all traces of these SW tools. 

I've done it at least 10 times. I thought it was caused by the computer, then I tried it on 4 different computers, the same thing happened again. When I examined the files, I saw that there was no file in my card's name. There is no firmware file that I can download anywhere. where can i find stm32f407g-disc1 firmware files.

Change the repository of your CubeIDE and try again but make sure to delete all library. Also make sure that your system is connected and can download automatically all drivers that he need as shown in the video of my first comment . Open an exemple using CubeMX and I think your problem is going to be resolved.

Best regards. 

II

now i tried it on my friend's computer then it worked. but it doesn't work on my computers. How can I delete it completely? all your files? and how can i install it properly?

Are you registered on st.com? 

Otherwise stm32cubemx will not download the fw.

When you open a new project choose the stm32f407vg board, then stm32cubemx will download the firmware for stm32f4xxx