cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE on macos does not display the name of the tool when hovered over with cursor

LPetr.1
Senior

Hello. I have just installed a stm32cubeMX and cubeIDE on my macOS machine. OS version Big sur 11.4 . I have noticed this very annoying issue when I hover over something in cubeIDE it does not display the name of the tool as it always does on my windows machine. Before I click something that I am unsure about, I want to atleast know what it is and usually its not obvious just by looking at the small icon. I hope someone can clarify to me whether this is a known issue or its just on my machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No worries, I just wanted to make sure that I was testing the correct thing.

I wasn't able to reproduce on Catalina but using a Big Sur I get the same behavior as you do.

I don't know of any workaround but I have written a ticket (internal BZ#109234) so we can hopefully address this in a future release.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

Just so I get a more clear picture of the issue:

1. Have you installed STM32CubeIDE or STM32CubeMX? In the title you mention IDE but in the text only MX.
  2. What small icons are you referring to? I tried hovering over different icons on my macOS machine using the integrated MX inside IDE but it seemed to be working for me (screenshot is from my test on Windows, I tried it on both).0693W00000BbE4tQAF.png
LPetr.1
Senior

Sorry for the confusion! I am talking about the cudeIDE and not the MX. I am talking about the tools such as the following:0693W00000BbE8qQAF.pngWhen I hover cursor over them, on my windows machine, I get the name of the tool so its clear what it does. However, on my macos, when I hover over any of them , occasionally I will get the name but that is not always the case, I cannot figure out why it is so unreliable. Could you confirm whether you can hover over them all one by one and get the tool name displayed?

See the following image: I have hovered the cursor over something, and nothing pops up

0693W00000BbECTQA3.jpg

No worries, I just wanted to make sure that I was testing the correct thing.

I wasn't able to reproduce on Catalina but using a Big Sur I get the same behavior as you do.

I don't know of any workaround but I have written a ticket (internal BZ#109234) so we can hopefully address this in a future release.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

LPetr.1
Senior

Thank you for confirming. Hopefully will be fixed!

mattias norlander
ST Employee

A small update:

So far it seems as if this issue only occurs if the user has opened the ioc-file. Opening the ioc-file --> CubeIDE loads the CubeMX plug-ins. After this is done the tooltips are no longer reliable. A restart of CubeIDE will again lead to working tooltips. But only until next time the user opens the ioc-file.

Not so easy to further track down. Even though annoying, we see this as a low prio issue for now.