cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE has no complete compile result

HXiao.1
Associate II

In STM32CubeIDE, in CDT build console, the compile result part, if there are a lot of warnings, only the last part of the compile result can be seen, I have to save the compile log into one file and check from there, it's quite annoying. I think it's a defect. 

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

You can scroll up with the scrollbar on the right side of the console.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
HXiao.1
Associate II

I guess you are talking the scrollbar in the green circle, I did that but did not see the complete compile result, in my case, there are 459 warnings.

HXiao1_0-1710937922994.png

Yes, that's it.

If you have so many warnings that it exceeds the capacity of the output buffer, you can increase that buffer:

How do I increase the capacity of the Eclipse output console? - Stack Overflow

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Bob S
Principal

Or look in the log file that Eclipse automatically creates (that is the source of what is displayed in the window).  You shouldn't have to manually save it.  It should be in the ".metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.ui" directory in your workspace.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

If you click in the Console window, keyboard navigation should also work; eg, Ctrl+Home to go to the start of the buffer

HXiao.1
Associate II

Thanks all @Andrew Neil  @TDK @Bob S ,

How do I increase the capacity of the Eclipse output console? - Stack Overflow does not work

"Ctrl + home"  does not work

the log file is stored in ".metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.ui", it works. 

Joe WILLIAMS
ST Employee

Hi HXiao.1

Your post has been submitted to the ST Online Support Team.

Kind Regards

Joe WILLIAMS

STMicro Support