cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE does not start on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

selcukozb
Associate III

Cube IDE started to lock on starting this morning. Progress bar moves to approximately 60% then stops there. Is that a general problem? I have removed and re installed it( Version 1.4.2), but result is same. When I return to CubeIDE V1.3.0 there is no problem. But I have problems with mismatch with my projects generated under v1.4.2.

Update : Resolved. That was a problem due to corrupted workspace settings. Thanks to ones who paid attention.

Kind Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Sorry that I'm late to the thread. I'm glad to hear that you managed to figure it out.

Could you reproduce the issue again if you wanted to? If so, I would be happy to take a look at it. Seems like CubeIDE should handle an error like this in a better way than just stopping at a progress bar.

Hi Markus,
Yes, I created a new “workspace_1.4.0�? once I renamed the old one as “workspace_1.4.0.a�?. Latter (renamed one) still locks the program leaving only option of “Force quit�? to escape.
Since I have checked the “remember my decision�? check box on the opening. So Program always enter frozen state without offering another workspace to work on start up.
Only in case you suspect that problem cause is workspace, then you can delete/rename that folder. I realized that when I return to v1.3.0 which by default work with "workspace 1.3.0�?.
I removed all projects except one sample, from problematic workspace. Now it is light weight.
I tried re-booting the computer, reinstallation of the CubeIDE, without useful result.
So I still have the non-working workspace folder on my disk, which still cause freezing on CubeIDE.
How can I help you?
Best regards,
Selcuk Ozbayraktar
LPetr.1
Senior

Exactly the same issue out of nowhere. I have been using cubeIDE for a while, now decided to run it again and same as you - cubeIDE loads to 60-70% and freezes.

What exactly is the cause of this issue? Do i have to delete the corrupted workspace?