cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 SMBUS giving error

_kalpesh
Associate II

im working on SMBUS for STM32F4 controller, im able to enable one I2C and then add middleware for 

SMBUS from middleware section, and by opting SM-BUS two wire interface i can select that I2C in SMBUS menu, but after this im generating code and getting around 35 different errors for not finding necessary parameters
plz can someone help me on this or direct me in the right direction

_kalpesh_0-1716898615788.png

4 REPLIES 4
STOne-32
ST Employee

Hi @_kalpesh ,

I assume you are using our SMBus stack from X-CUBE-SMBUS - STM32Cube SMBus/PMBus embedded software (AN4502) - STMicroelectronics

STM32 SMBus/PMBus™ expansion package for STM32Cube™ - Application note 

It seems there are integration's errors  of different libraries or mix of versions creating such Link/compilation issues. Let us know if solved.

Ciao

STOne-32

Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @_kalpesh,

I'm sorry, but the STM32F4 is not supported by the X-CUBE-SMBUS - STM32Cube SMBus/PMBus embedded software (AN4502) - STMicroelectronics.

The F4 series are using older version of the I2C IP, which is AFAIK limited to SMBus 1.0 and was not in the scope of the middleware development. I'd probably suggest to look for a supported alternative, such as STM32H7, STM32G4, STM32F3 etc. It should be easy using CubeMX product selector.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hey,
thanks for the reply. can you plz confirm for which controller series its supported 
can i use F103 for the communication

regards,

Kalpesh

Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @_kalpesh,

no, please only use the newer ones, F0, F3, G0, L4, G4... - they all are well supported.

It's easy to tell when you open the reference manual of I2C chapter and see the configuration registers, the usable ones have all registers 32 bit wide.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.