cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link is not in the DFU Mode

Tati_rn
Associate II

Good afternoon community. I've been dealing with this problem for days and I can't find a solution. It turns out that I migrated to Ubuntu and had to install the STM32CubeIDE Software again. The error appears when I want to communicate to my STM32f072B board. It gives me two errors 1) "ST-LINK is not in DFU mode" and 2) "Unexpected flash size for ST.micro". As I was investigating, I cannot update the ST-LINK Firmware, it does not allow me. I have tried it on another computer, and the updates are done automatically by clicking on "update". But it doesn't allow me. I tried plugging it in with the RESET button pressed, but that didn't fix it either. I don't know where else to look to resolve this error that doesn't allow me to move forward. I hope someone from the community can help me. Thank you so much.

Captura desde 2024-03-26 10-37-47.png

Captura desde 2024-03-26 10-38-37.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

to which version did you update ?  1.15. ? -> then read here...

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/with-stm32cube-ide-v1-15-0-update-problem-with-stlink/m-p/652514#M25303

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

to which version did you update ?  1.15. ? -> then read here...

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/with-stm32cube-ide-v1-15-0-update-problem-with-stlink/m-p/652514#M25303

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi. I have the latest version 1.15.0. I had seen that several users also had this problem, but it was because they were using a "ST-Link/V2" clone. Now I'll follow the thread to see if it gets resolved. Thank you very much for the information. Regards.

I just found the solution. Costi suggested installing the firmware from CubeProgramer, and that's how I succeeded. I installed the latest version and updated the firmware from there. I had to unplug the board and plug it in with the reset button on. That was it. And when I tried STMCubeIDE, it suggested updating and I said No. And voila, it worked perfectlyCaptura desde 2024-03-26 14-45-22.png

This is the way . 

🙂