cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Analyzer does not work after STM32CubeIDE update.

Kim KyungTack
Associate III

Hi.

I was using STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 until yesterday.

Build Analyzer worked fine in 1.14.0, but after updating to 1.15.0 using the update feature provided by CubeIDE, nothing is displayed in Build Analyzer. 

The build was successful and the <project>.map file was created, but the Build Analyzer information was not displayed, and I uninstalled and reinstalled CubeIDE, but it was the same.

Build Analyzer - 1.png

Build Analyzer - 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hello Kim,

You have to click on the "Refresh" button:

BuildAnalyzer.png

Please, refer to the User Manual, section 2.5 where this new button is explained and how you can change the behavior:

BuildAnalyzerUM.png

BR

Christelle

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hello Kim,

You have to click on the "Refresh" button:

BuildAnalyzer.png

Please, refer to the User Manual, section 2.5 where this new button is explained and how you can change the behavior:

BuildAnalyzerUM.png

BR

Christelle

Thank you!!

welcome !

Please refer to my last comment if you want to change the behavior of this functionality.

Have a good day

jlag
Associate III

I am having the same issue after 14.1 to 15.0 on Win 11.
I have changed the setting to Auto and still blank in Build Analyzer tab after building. Have restarted IDE.

Additionally, the refresh button is disabled, does not highlight when I mouse over it and clicking it does nothing:

jlag_0-1712163914319.png

jlag_1-1712164012493.png

EDIT: My mistake. 'On Request 'does in fact enable the 'Refresh' button and the button perform the functionality correctly.

I assumed that the 'Auto' setting would load the analysis on every build, but alas it does not.

jlag
Associate III

Has anyone managed to get the 'auto' option to work, or is there an issue with the 'auto' refresh?

As section 2.5 states:

jlag_1-1712366556900.png

PHolt.1
Senior II

Cube IDE has always had a bug in that the Build Analyser would sometimes not show - until you clicked on the .map file in the LH pane.

@Kim KyungTack  , @christelle burguera selecting "on request" did not fix the problem. It is additional click and still randomly fails.Just keep it on "Auto"

What does work for me is selecting  the project and click on "refresh" or hit F5

PR10_0-1714052358795.png

then the actual .map /.elf file appears and when you click on that the build analyzer and stack analyzer will populate.

PR10_1-1714052726666.png

I suspect cubeide has some bug in refresh after build. If was not reliable before but in version 15 it got much worse.

PR.10
Associate III

yes, see my reply