cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK firmware verification failed with "No ST-LINK detected!..."

STlvx
Associate

Short summary: In CubeIDE on Linux, I tried to debug the project by clicking the little bug button but have been getting the "No ST-LINK detected! Please connect ST-LINK and restart the debug session." error.

STlvx_0-1719967807201.png

Help needed to resolve this error to run a debug session successfully... Is there something I have to do on linux to resolve certain USB access issues?

Details:

I'm using STM32CubeIDE version 1.16.0, installed using the debian .sh installer (not the generic Linux installer).

The issue occurs whether the debugger is connected to a target board or not.

Changing the USB port of the linux workstation doesn't change the results.

Tried both ST-LINK (ST-LINK GDB server) and ST-LINK (OpenOCD) in Debug Configurations->Debugger->Debug probe.

Tried both checking and not checking Share ST-LINK in Debug Configurations->Debugger.

The linux workstation is also able to see the ST-LINK debugger per usbls.

CubeIDE on Linux can detect the existence of the ST-LINK V2 debugger I'm using. If I click Help->ST-LINK Upgrade, the debugger is shown in the dropdown list, and if the debugger is not plugged in, it disappears from the dropdown list. However, as shown in the image, ST-Link ID isn't shown, even after I refresh the device list. Clicking "Open in upgrade mode" results in the "Access to ST-Link was denied by the system..." error shown in the image below.

STlvx_1-1719967892238.png

The same ST-LINK V2 debugger was used in another linux workstation, and this issue wasn't seen there.

I've also tried to use the same ST-LINK V2 debugger on a Windows machine using STM32CubeIDE version 1.16.0 for Windows, and the ST-Link ID is displayed properly in the Windows environment I use.

0 REPLIES 0