cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server problems

Mr4
Associate III

I'm using the NUCLEO-L433RC-P board for the first time. I made a simple code for making a LED blink just to make the card output anything yet I keep getting two error messages. Precisely "Failed to execute MI command: target remote localhost:61234" and an error message in the console "Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target". How can i fix this? Do i need any additional software/drivers to run the nucleo board?

Thank you for your help in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Mr4 and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Try erasing the flash using STM32Cubeporgrammer, and make sure to activate the gdb server log in the "Debugger" tab of your debug configuration, this may helped you.

Also, ensure you are using a data USB cable and not a charging cable. Also, try to upgrade your board firmware. Using Cube programmeur.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, again! I tried doing a full chip erase but then i got another error message "Connection to target must be established before performing the erase command". I find this very weird since the log clearly shows that it made contact with the chip.

Mr4_0-1707465421382.png

I fulfilled the other suggestions you suggested.

Could you try to connect the board under different modes (hot plug, under reset, ...). 

PS: ensure that the JP5 is connected as follow: 

STTwo32_0-1707467160371.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

sometimes the old IT-Rule "turn off, wait, turn on" helps.

-> disconnect the board and remove power from the board

-> close STM-software 

-> reboot your computer

-> power up the board, connect the board with USB

----> your PC will show a Message like "NODE_L433 connected"

-> start STM-IDE

look at the config of the debug -> 

padawan_0-1707466872367.png

Are you supplying the board via USB? Then try connecting a powered USB hub in between. Sometimes, for example, the power of a USB port in a laptop is not sufficient to supply the board safely.
Are the jumpers on the board set correctly? JP6 (IDD), JP8, CN2

padawan_1-1707467435738.png

by installing or the first start windows ask you to allow connections to gdb. May be  you did not allow this? 

HTH

padawan