cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash binaries in STM32F7

Remi99
Associate II

Hi all,

I have a project on a STM32F7 target and I work on STM32CubeIDE.
How can I generate the binaries from the code ? And how can I flash the binaries in the STM32F7 (in NUCLEO-STM32F7ZG board) ?
I don't want to use the "flash" button of the app, as if I was a client with only binaries of the code.

Thank you for your help.
Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@Remi99 The STM32CubeIDE also generates BIN files directly if you tick Convert to binary file in:

Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > MCU Post build outputs

NUCLEO boards like yours do not necessarily need a dedicated programming software because the embedded ST-LINK/V2-1 is visible as a mass storage device when connected to the PC via USB. The BIN can then be copied there using the normal copy command of the operating system, the ST-LINK/V2-1 then takes over the programming of the target.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Use STM32CubeProgrammer to flash a binary file (ELF, HEX, or BIN). When you compile code in STM32CubeIDE, this file is produces and put into the Debug/ or Release/ directory within the project.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

OBJCOPY should be able to generate .BIN files from .ELF,  FROMELF too

Host of other applications capable of converting HEX to BIN

Programming NUCLEO board, just use STM32 Cube Programmer. ST-LINK Utilities should also be fine with ST-LINK/V2 and F7 devices.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@Remi99 The STM32CubeIDE also generates BIN files directly if you tick Convert to binary file in:

Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > MCU Post build outputs

NUCLEO boards like yours do not necessarily need a dedicated programming software because the embedded ST-LINK/V2-1 is visible as a mass storage device when connected to the PC via USB. The BIN can then be copied there using the normal copy command of the operating system, the ST-LINK/V2-1 then takes over the programming of the target.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.