cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project (or similar) remains in project tree despite closing the project?

Ricko
Senior II

Hi,

I opened one of the examples projects and then closed it. But no matter what I tried (including closing all files and restarting CubeIDE) the FatFS_uSD_Standalone project (or something else?) remains present in the project explorer as if it is some other project. See screenshots below. And there are no options if I right click on it.

The icon is also different and cannot find anywhere a summary of CubeIDE icons.

What is that file/project or what does that icon mean? And how do I remove it?

Thank you

Ricko_0-1724892021158.png

Ricko_1-1724892216363.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hello Ricko,

it's like that because you have only closed the project, if you want to remove from your workspace you have to remove it.

For that, select the project you want to remove, click on the "Suppr" button on your keyboard or select the Delete menu and take care not to delete the project from your disk (DO NOT ENABLE "Delete project contents on disk").

the closed project feature is useful if you want to reopen your project later...

HTH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hello Ricko,

it's like that because you have only closed the project, if you want to remove from your workspace you have to remove it.

For that, select the project you want to remove, click on the "Suppr" button on your keyboard or select the Delete menu and take care not to delete the project from your disk (DO NOT ENABLE "Delete project contents on disk").

the closed project feature is useful if you want to reopen your project later...

HTH