cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-G431KB help with DMA GPIO Output

etheory
Senior

Hi there!

I've just started working with STM32CubeIDE and after a bit of a vertical learning curve I'm slowly getting to grips with most aspects of it.

I want to DMA to GPIO and there doesn't appear to be any way to do this through the .ioc GUI interface. GPIO ports can't be targeted as a peripheral by the DMA interface, and when you select a MemToMem option in the DMA section, the code that is generated by STM32CubeIDE doesn't have any user sections, and is hence effectively not able to be edited by the user.

The other issue is that the MemToMem DMA option doesn't expose the most useful options like "circular" mode (it only exposes "normal") and doesn't give the option to provide any triggers either.

Have I hit the limits of what STM32CubeIDE is able to do already? or is there some way to achieve this through the STM32CubeIDE interface that I haven't yet seen?

BTW FWIW I'm using the very very latest release of STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks,

Luke

24 REPLIES 24

Thanks Imen,

I tried that and it didn't work, the link won't download.

Kind regards,

Luke

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

It's inexplicably started working for me, and now I'm able to download it.

Thank you,

Luke

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

The Figure 1. System architecture diagram still appears to be incorrect.

It shows the DMA1 and DMA2 with a full connection to the AHB1 and AHB2 peripherals.

But from my experiments with the actual device, this doesn't appear to be the case.

i.e. the DMA1 doesn't seem to be able to be MUX'ed to AHB2 peripherals.

Is that right, or is there some subtlety I'm missing?

> DMA1 doesn't seem to be able to be MUX'ed to AHB2 peripherals.

How do you know?

Can you open a new thread with this, please? (giving link to this one perhaps)

JW

I haven't proved it for anything but the DAC DMA, but the reason I suspect this might be the case is that if you try and use DMA with the DAC's on DMA1, it simply doesn't work. To get it to work you HAVE to switch to DMA2. This is interesting, because RM0440 page 82 shows that the DACs are AHB2 peripherals.

Happy to open a new ticket for this. Thanks.