cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to update target firmware , not able to create project

sandip
Associate

Hi I frequently receiving error in STM32 CUBE IDE.

code generation could not be done using because target firmware package is missing , where I will get it.?

It says update the firware but clicking the button nothing happened. 

Please help me 

I also tried cubemx and generate .ico file and again created project but error remains same . I searched for the NUCLEO board firmware package but nothing is available. 

Further whenever I tried to update software it downloas something but error remains the same. 

Please provide the link for the NUCLEO board firmware which IDE wanted. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @sandip 

In this post, you can find all you need to now with details and full description.

Best regards.

II

TDK
Guru

Typically this error can be solved by updating STM32CubeIDE to the latest and ensuring the relevant firmware package is downloaded in Help -> Manage Embedded Software Packages.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @sandip ,

In order to download the firmware package, you can download it Manually from st.com, then,

Inside STM32CubeIDE use the menus:

1. Help -> Manage embedded software packages
  2. STM32Cube MCU Packages -> From local...
  3. Point to the manually downloaded zip-file, accept the license and install it.

Also, you can try to check the proxy settings following these steps:

1. Under Window --> Prefenrences--> Network Connexion, activate Native provider
  2. Under Window --> Prefenrences--> Firmware Updater, click on Check Connection

don't forget Apply and Close, if the connection works.

Thanks,

Rim