cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Builder and Project Settings after installing Toolchain (7-2018-q2-update)

Hueli.1
Associate III

I am using the following setup:

- STMCubeIDE1.6.1 on Windows 11

I see the following behavior

- Opening the IDE with the default Toolchain and my Project for 1.6.1 works fine and build. However, I need to use the GNU Tools for STM32 (7-2018-q2-update)

- I install it with the Toolchain manager which works. Then I have to restart the IDE for the Toolchain to become active.

- After the restart the IDE is missing the usual C Project settings like Build C/C++ and the Toolchain manager. (see Image). Furthermore I get the 'Missing builder indication under the 'Builder' settting.

- Strange enough using this Toolchain works with newer IDE versions like v1.10.1 for other projects but I need to use v1.6.0 or v.1.6.1

- Only reinstalling the IDE can fix the issue.

Hueli1_0-1689871404730.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok thank you for the info.

I was getting different .bin Files but this was due to a path problem in my linker file (.ld)

Apparently the paths are handled differently in different IDE versions. I had to add "./" in front of every path in the linker file.

Edit: Found solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

If your toolchain works with IDE v 1.10.1, try to use this version. 

Hueli.1
Associate III

Sorry I did not specify that. IDE v1.10.1 works with the toolchain for projects made for this version. My project requires version 1.6.1 or 1.6.0

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

IDE 1.10.1 is only the GUI and builder. This should be very compatible with 1.6. The toolchain is already working well, as you wrote. If you want to edit and generate projects from .ioc files version 1.6, just install the standalone CubeMX of the same version. IDE v.1.10 can open eclipse projects generated with CubeMX 1.6. 

Otherwise, a chance that outdated IDE version will be "fixed" is unlikely.

Ok thank you for the info.

I was getting different .bin Files but this was due to a path problem in my linker file (.ld)

Apparently the paths are handled differently in different IDE versions. I had to add "./" in front of every path in the linker file.

Edit: Found solution