cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Builder after installing STM32CubeIDE for STM32L5

MM2
Associate II

Hi,
I have installed the newest STM32CubeIDE (14.1) and tried to load an example project. Unfortunately, no builder is available. The Project Properties under Builders is just empty.
Under Preferences the Toolchain Manager GNU Tools for STM32 (11.3.rel1) is installed but not set to default. However even setting it to default and restarting the CubeIDE does not help.

Please note that the Computer that should run the IDE has no internet access. The Toolchain Manger ties to connect to the ST repository to update or maybe find the specific tooling for the STM32L5.

I am wondering if a current manual to install CubeIDE offline exists or if I would need to download the specific toolchain for the STM32L5 from somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MM2 ,

As discussed, I suggest that you download the package from another computer, and you manually import the STM32L5 firmware.

If you use the tools without being connected to the Internet such as your case, STM32CubeIDE makes this possible
by following these instructions: 

* Manually download the needed STM32Cube firmware packages from the STMicroelectronics website
  www.st.com.

* Inside STM32CubeIDE, use the following menus:
  1. [Help]>[Manage embedded software packages]
  2. [STM32Cube MCU Packages]>[From local...]
• Point to the manually downloaded zip file, then accept the license and install it.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @MM2 ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

I suggest that you install the toolchain GCC12.3. You go to Window > Preferences > STM32CubeIDE > Toolchain manager.

screenshot.png

It is better to have access to the internet in order to install the appropriate packages. You will be asked to connect to your STMicroelectronics account to download the packages.

I suggest also that you consult this Post .

it shows how to set the network connection parameters for STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

MM2
Associate II

Thanks for the reply. The computer does not have physical access to the internet.
Therefore, offline installation will be unavoidable.

Hello @MM2 ,

As discussed, I suggest that you download the package from another computer, and you manually import the STM32L5 firmware.

If you use the tools without being connected to the Internet such as your case, STM32CubeIDE makes this possible
by following these instructions: 

* Manually download the needed STM32Cube firmware packages from the STMicroelectronics website
  www.st.com.

* Inside STM32CubeIDE, use the following menus:
  1. [Help]>[Manage embedded software packages]
  2. [STM32Cube MCU Packages]>[From local...]
• Point to the manually downloaded zip file, then accept the license and install it.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Sorry that I did not catch that directly.
The  Embedded Software Package Manager shows STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L5 Series 1.5.0 as green.

Hello @MM2 ,

As discussed, I suggest that you reinstall STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

MM2
Associate II

Thanks it has been working now.