cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use a previous embedded package?

JayDev
Senior II

I am having trouble with the latest STM32L4 package (V1.18.0) so I wanted to roll back to a previous version.  STM32CubeIDE won't let me change versions, even if I have multiple versions installed and it insists on only using the newest one.  I uninstalled the newest package and deleted the other package from the repository and it still insists on using V1.18.0, even though it's not on the system.  

I read a post that I can generate an older version in CubeMX so I generated a project (by manually changing the default firmware location to V1.17.2) and made a *.ioc project with version 1.17.2 and tried to start a new project in STM32CubeIDE using that *.ioc file . . . but it won't let me open the CubeMX project *.ioc file (trying to use STM32CubeIDE V 1.14.1 but I guess CubeMX has the wrong version so I'm getting "This file has been generated with STM32CubeMX version '6.10.0'.Your current STM32CubeMX version is '6.9.2'.").  

So, long story short . . . is there ANY way to make STM32CubeIDE forget it ever had V1.18.0 on the system or a way to remove it so that it can forget it?  There has to be an easy way to be able to roll back to previous versions in the event of embedded package issues.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayDev
Senior II

Ok, found a solution.  I ended up making a *.ioc using MXCube, closing it out, and then editing the *.ioc file to change V1.18.0 to V1.17.2.  That seems to have fooled it into accepting V1.17.2.  I imagine you can probably create one in STM32CubeIDE as well.  I then opened it from an existing *.ioc file and used that.  Overall, that seems to have resolved the issue so that's good news for me.  

Hope this helps someone!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JayDev
Senior II

Ok, found a solution.  I ended up making a *.ioc using MXCube, closing it out, and then editing the *.ioc file to change V1.18.0 to V1.17.2.  That seems to have fooled it into accepting V1.17.2.  I imagine you can probably create one in STM32CubeIDE as well.  I then opened it from an existing *.ioc file and used that.  Overall, that seems to have resolved the issue so that's good news for me.  

Hope this helps someone!