cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Config: These peripherals still have some not configured... STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0

boxtor
Associate II

I am encountering a warning when trying to generate code for both existing and new projects in STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0.  This did not happen in 1.13.x.

I get the following warning.  I have been generating the code and it appears to work, but I don't know if anything is incorrect.

STM32 warning.png

To reproduce the warning, I create a new STM32 project for the STM32U5A9J-DK board, choose to initialize all peripherals to defaults, and save the project.  When it attempts to generate the code, I get the warning displayed.

I also started encountering this with an existing project (migrated to version 1.14.0) for a NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oskar_H
Senior

Hello,

Reseting pins from a predefined board configuration file is of course not the correct option. If a pin has been configured it is on purpose.

If code generation indicates a warning it is generally because the configuration file is missing something, then ST has to fix it to provide functional configuration files for each supported board.

But fortunately in this particular case the solution is easy and kind of magic: just open Pinout & Configuration tab, click on PWR, and tadaaaa ! Code generation works without warning anymore...

Little bug hiding in the PWR status I believe ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @boxtor ,

First let me thank you for posting.

PWR is partly disabled conflict with: PB7 mapped with GPIO_Output.

RCC is partly disabled conflict with: USART1 and Debug.

I suggest that you reset the state of these Pins in order to avoid this type of warning.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Oskar_H
Senior

Hello,

Reseting pins from a predefined board configuration file is of course not the correct option. If a pin has been configured it is on purpose.

If code generation indicates a warning it is generally because the configuration file is missing something, then ST has to fix it to provide functional configuration files for each supported board.

But fortunately in this particular case the solution is easy and kind of magic: just open Pinout & Configuration tab, click on PWR, and tadaaaa ! Code generation works without warning anymore...

Little bug hiding in the PWR status I believe ?

Hello @Mahmoud Ben Romdhane ,

you can see @boxtor is happy with my "solution" but this is not an acceptable solution, as it is not normal for a user to guess that a single click on PWR peripheral will reset a warning prior to code generation because this click is not expected at all here.

Could you confirm it is a regression and get it fixed in the next release ?

Hello,

I escalated this to CubeMx team in an internal ticket (ID: 168563) to take a closer look at this issue.

(PS: ID 168563, is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks.

Mahmoud.