cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting error ""make -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete"

BRich.1
Associate II

Keep getting this error after compiling a new project that only contains one header file. I'm using STM32CubeIDE version 1.3.0 on Linux Ubuntu. I try to use clean project and it cleans it only for this same error to re-appear when starting up the debugging. How do I get around this error?

Full error description:

make: *** [makefile:43: STM32F446RE_Drivers.elf] Error 1

"make -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

12 REPLIES 12

Obviously not, you have at least two issues:

error: Src/main.o uses VFP register arguments, STM32F446RE_Drivers.elf does not

which is related to -mfloat-abi=hard but I'm not going to find out what combination libraries and switches will resolve this problem, google; and

none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; defaulting to 0000000008000000

which most probably means you don't link (i.e. probably don't have in the project) an appropriate startup file.

Maybe you want to start from scratch, i.e. uninstalling CubeIDE, reinstalling it, and starting with a fresh project, not importing anything.

As I've said, I know nothing about eclipsoids thus CubeIDE.

JW

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; defaulting to 0000000008000000

This is bad. Check that your startup (.s) file is included in the build.

> ....main.o uses VFP register arguments, STM32F446RE_Drivers.elf does not

This looks weird too. Check that options for compiler match options for linker (floating point type....)

-- pa

>> ....main.o uses VFP register arguments, STM32F446RE_Drivers.elf does not

> This looks weird too. Check that options for compiler match options for linker (floating point type....)

OP may want to try to combine  -mfloat-abi=hard with -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16

JW