cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues opening Device Configuration Tool for projects created on previous STM32CubeIDE Version

MWiel.1
Associate II

I recently updated STM32CubeIDE to Version V1.7.0 but that causes issues now when I try to open the Device Configuration Tool for a project created with V1.6.1. It gives me the dialog that the Firmware Package (STM32Cube_FW_F1 V1.8.3) is missing. But when I click on either Download or Migrate the IDE becomes unresponsive.

I already downloaded the mentioned firmware package through "Help" --> "Manage Embedded Software Packages" but I still get the same warning and resulting unresponsiveness.

Strangely enough if I create a new STM32 project and choose the older firmware package the project get created AND the Device Configuration Tool opens with no further warnings. At this point I closed the IDE copied the *.ioc file from the older project into the newly created project and renamed it to match the project name. After opening the IDE again starting the Device Configuration Tool with the manually imported *.ioc file again gives the warning message mentioned earlier.

What can I do to work with my older projects again?

7 REPLIES 7
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Could you share you 1.6.1 original .ioc file ?

MWiel.1
Associate II

here it is

Your shared file is F4 based not F1 ?

Anyway let' assume such F4 file is right one.

If IDE 1.6.1 I'm getting 1.26.0 FW pack usage.

Opening now such project based on IDE 1.7.0 I'm getting dedicated popup dialog asking me if I want to remain on 1.26.0 FW package or to migrate to 1.26.1 new one.

0693W00000D0zrIQAR.jpgBoth migrate or continue paths are working fine on my side

MWiel.1
Associate II

My bad I selected the wrong ioc files, attached to this the one for the STM32F107 project.

But I just checked how the STM32F407 project behaves and for me I'm stuck again

0693W00000D0zwmQAB.pngCould it be related to Windows 8.1 or the firewall/security suite?

I'm Win10 based.

If IDE 1.7.0 could you have a try to do "File > New > STM32 Project from an existing STM32CubeMX configuration file (.ioc)" ?

MWiel.1
Associate II

that seems to work but shortly before the above dialog, I see a dialog pop up with the CubeIDE/CubeMX Icon.

Possibly german language issue ? See such win7 post about STM32CubeIDE generates high CPU load (Win7)

Sounds moving to english is solving ... ?