cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOC Pinout View, definition when right click on a pin

R_DSP
Associate II

Hello,

When I right click on a pin, in the Pinout view of an IOC file, it shows the following:

R_DSP_0-1708558914958.png

I understand the ADC1_INP3, since that is the intended setting.  But what would the yellow ADC2_INP3, with a + next to it, signify?  Likewise, what is the reason for the green highlighted GPIO_Analog?

Here is another example:

R_DSP_1-1708559060097.png

What is the purpose of the 4 "+" signs?, some with color shading and some without.  I assume selection of both ADC2_INP19 and DAC1_OUT2, means PA5 is routed to both?

Regards,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> But what would the yellow ADC2_INP3, with a + next to it, signify?  Likewise, what is the reason for the green highlighted GPIO_Analog?

A "+" indicates it can be added as a function in addition to its current selection. For example, a pin can be both ADC1_INP3 and ADC2_INP3 at the same time (and GPIO_Analog).

The yellow shading indicates the pin has been selected for that application (i.e. to be an ADC1 pin) but the ADC1 isn't configured to use it. Select the checkbox by ADC1 channel 3 to use it.

> What is the purpose of the 4 "+" signs?, some with color shading and some without.  I assume selection of both ADC2_INP19 and DAC1_OUT2, means PA5 is routed to both?

Same reason for the "+" sign and the yellow shading.

You can hover over the pin to see some information about this. Should look similar to the following:

TDK_0-1708561488580.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

> But what would the yellow ADC2_INP3, with a + next to it, signify?  Likewise, what is the reason for the green highlighted GPIO_Analog?

A "+" indicates it can be added as a function in addition to its current selection. For example, a pin can be both ADC1_INP3 and ADC2_INP3 at the same time (and GPIO_Analog).

The yellow shading indicates the pin has been selected for that application (i.e. to be an ADC1 pin) but the ADC1 isn't configured to use it. Select the checkbox by ADC1 channel 3 to use it.

> What is the purpose of the 4 "+" signs?, some with color shading and some without.  I assume selection of both ADC2_INP19 and DAC1_OUT2, means PA5 is routed to both?

Same reason for the "+" sign and the yellow shading.

You can hover over the pin to see some information about this. Should look similar to the following:

TDK_0-1708561488580.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".