cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ioc file doesnt open

hannah
Visitor

Hi everyone,

Actually, the subject line describes my problem completely. I tried to improve my IOC file yesterday with debugging, checked it again this morning, and it was working perfectly. But now, after an update or something similar, it suddenly won't open anymore; it’s just white. When I try to restore it with the main.c file, it doesn't work either, or it is empty. When opened as a text file, you can see something, so it’s not actually empty.

I am using a STM32F72IEK6 µC at NUCLEO-G474RE board.

Here is also the .ioc file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think your file has been corrupted during your update or something else. Unfortunately, I don't think you can restore your configuration.

without backups and windows settings

Handling software needs to manage versioning. I suggest you using git or whatever similar to prevent a such situation.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @hannah and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

What is the version of CubeMX that you have used to build this .ioc file?

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hey, now i'm using 

Version: 1.16.0

Build: 21983_20240628_1741 (UTC). But i cant tell you 100% sure which version it was before.

Can you open the .ioc?

TDK
Guru

It loads for me but I get this warning:

TDK_0-1725367605205.png

Try to replace it with the attached.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @hannah 

When I open this .ioc file I have this problem and the .ioc file is empty:

STTwo32_0-1725367446141.png

What this means "I am  a STM32F72IEK6 µC at NUCLEO-G474RE board."

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

>What this means "I am  a STM32F72IEK6 µC at NUCLEO-G474RE board."

it should be ''i am using a STM32F72IEK6 µC at NUCLEO-G474RE board."

Do you have any idea, why comes this warning, or what should i change maybe in text file, so i can open it normally?

>Try to replace it with the attached.

i cant open it at all, so i cant also change that. If you are able to open it, may you please change that with Channel5 instead of Channel 1? 

Thanks for replaying

@hannah wrote:

hey, now i'm using 

Version: 1.16.0

Build: 21983_20240628_1741 (UTC). But i cant tell you 100% sure which version it was before.

Can you open the .ioc?

Here we talk about CubeMx not CubeIDE. The latest version of CubeMx is 6.12.0. So try the independant CubeMx not the integrated on CubeIDE and reconfigure again the DAC.

PS: I opened your ioc file with CubeMx 6.12.0 and having the same message as the guys above.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

??

i leave a pic of my screen, when i try to open the file.

hannah_1-1725370606096.png

I said : use the independent CubeMx instead of CubeIDE to open your ioc file.

Please download it from here: https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html