cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include path don't work

guillaumefaye
Associate III

Hello, I recently had a compilation error with STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0. A json.h file is not found by the compiler, yet I have included the path in the project properties, as shown in the photo.

The file is present in the project/drivers/JSON directory. If I move the file to project/core/inc, the compilation works.

Another oddity, I can't find where the paths to project/drivers/NTC and project/drivers/OLED are registered? Yet the compilation works (without json.h).

Thank you.

error.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

I try this .......without succes.☹️

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Sorry, I'm out of ideas ((

no one have an idea ?

strangely with a new project, the inclusion of a new.h file works well with the configuration screen.

It must be an option in the properties, but I don't know how to modify that......do you have an idea?

error6.jpg

Hello

It seems that your /drivers/- folder is not source-folder because there is no blue c- letter.

Check 'paths and symbols' -> 'source location' list from your project properties and add it there if needed.

JTP1_0-1720539413676.png

Br JTP

@JTP1 wrote:

It seems that your /Drivers/- folder is not source-folder because there is no blue c- letter.

Indeed:

AndrewNeil_1-1720540194801.png

Not sure what that icon on it is, though - is it a key ?

Does that mean it's somehow "locked" ?

JTP1
Lead

I think it just tells that there is some kind of retrictions in the files or subfolders. (like some file is exluded from the build , or like in this case some folder is not included in the source folder list).

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/07/30/icon-and-label-decorators-in-eclipse/

I believe drivers/NTC and /drivers/OLED folders,however, are included to the sourcle folder list since these folders work.

Thank you for these tips, I will leave this tomorrow.

i can reset the key icone on my folder "driver" but always not build.

it seems that the path is not taken into account.

@guillaumefaye wrote:

i can reset the key icon on my folder 

What do you mean by that?

You need to set it to be a Source folder - so it should have the 'C' icon on it ...