cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In STM32Cube IDE, I could not select the MCU in Project->Properties-> MCU settings.

AMuth.3
Associate II

0693W00000SvjWXQAZ.pngHi,

I am trying to convert an existing STM32L4 project to STM32F4 project. But when tried to change the settings I could not edit the MCU and Board details in STM32Cube IDE.

Please look that snapshot as attached. I want to change MCU to STM43F407VGTx.

Please reply.

3 REPLIES 3
ChahinezC
Lead

Hi @AMuth.3​,

Currently STM32CubeIDE doesn't support the feature to import an existing project from one MCU to another.

The workaround is to generate project with STM32CubeMX as a stand alone tool and select STM32CubeIDE as target IDE. and when migrating with the STM32CubeMX project, from MCU1 to MCU2, a new IDE project will be generated.

I advise you checking the "MCU1 to MCU2 migration option within STM32CubeIDE" FAQ.

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be very helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

Hi @ChahinezC​ ,

Thanks for your reply. But STM32CubeMX is asking the .ioc file to open the existing project.

I could not find that file in my existing project. I am using demo project of STM32L4.. sourced from a FreeRTOS release.

Is there any other way still to use STM32CubeMX as my solution or do any other tools are available to my need?

Please reply.

tcg
Associate III

HI @ChahinezC​ , how is it possible to change this? replacing the Linker script in MCU GCC Linker -> general-> Linker Script? could be possible to remplace, ${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/STM32F401RETx_FLASH.ld} for another compatible *.ld file?. I supposed that they are pin to pin compatible. Thanks for your time.