cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE not generating .elf file while importing project

NeeleshYadav
Visitor

Dear,

I am facing a problem while importing a project (that is built from another computer) to a new system, IDE is not generating .elf in the debug folder. While compiling is also warning about the same. Suppose I take a .elf from the old system and paste it in the new system (in the debug folder) and provide the path through settings in the debug configuration. In that case, the project is getting built and running with original parameters such as some variables, etc.

The issue here is that

1. if change the value of used variables and build the project, it always starts with old variable values.

for example:

Variable is Idc = 10; // set in old system

and I change it to I dc = 5;

but after building the project it always starts with

Idc = 10;

2. Another issue is ADCs are also not affecting by changing any value.

3. Breakpoints are also not working.

Kindly help me in this regard

Thanks

Neelesh

2 REPLIES 2
Metyus
Associate

Hello Neelesh,

Importing mechanism is imperfect and has some flaws, quite a failproof option is to upload the project to some repository and then pull from it, this way everything is preserved, unless this project directory was inside some /user related folder with a specific name.

Also .elf breaks whenever either folder was renamed or project inside Cube, without ticking option to "Update all references" this leaves former .elf file with an old name and breaks it.

Regarding the import of the project I recommend deleting previously generated Debug and Release folders.

Hopefully that helps! 

Dear Metyus,

Thank you for the help, I tried what you suggested. I got an error which I attached long with this reply. Can you help me in this regard?

Screenshot 2024-08-29 140321.jpg

Thanks,

Neelesh