cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have installed the STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 from the STM32 official website onto Windows10 Pro. l met lauching error meesage.

SLee.41
Associate II

I have installed the STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 from the STM32 official website onto Windows10 Pro.

D:\09DB> st-stm32cubeide_1.12.0_14980_20230301_1550_x86_64.exe /ncrc

but when i try to launch it above, l met error meesage.

Error message: "Error! Can't initialze plug-ins directory. Please try again later."

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is the Windows machine managed by your IT at work? Any "security" or policing software installed?

"File and folder protection" active?

Julien D
ST Employee

Did you kept the default install location or changed it to a longer path ?

There often are troubles with the 2nd case, if so, can you try with a shorter path ?

Yes~ I tried by disabling security and changing the path to c:\util, but the result is the same.

Yes~ I tried by disabling security and changing the path to c:\util, but the result is the same.

Julien D
ST Employee

There is an old topic describing the same, to following answer looks to have solved the issue:

Markus GIRDLAND

2 years ago

Actions for this Feed Item Comment

I've also searched around and come to the same conclusion as @KnarfB (Community Member)​ in that it appears to be a common windows issue.

The three solutions I've seen throughout these searches that has worked for some of the users are:

1. Create a new user without any spaces or non-ASCII characters. This seems to only be relevant if your current user profile uses non-ASCII or spaces!
  2. Clean boot as described on Windows support page here.
  3. %TEMP% folder access rights, which has already been mentioned and tried.

Besides those three I haven't seen any other solutions where users reported that it worked except one where it just suddenly started working again but the user didn't mention any changes made, so not much to be learned from that case.