Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot import file in Workspace

luke514
Senior

I put this folder in the workspace with all the other projects:

luke514_0-1722331078448.png

Now I have to import it as I have always done: file - import - existing projects in the workspace

luke514_1-1722331217735.png

I cannot press on "finish"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

You can remove (don't delete) the project from the workspace, move the folder, and re-import it from its new location. Don't think you can move it once imported.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@luke514 wrote:

I cannot press on "finish"

You have to select something to import!

Either check the box next to your project name, or just use the 'Select All' button:

AndrewNeil_0-1722331912479.png

The problem is that it won't let me select it..

But I think I figured out why, there is a warning that the project already exists in the workspace .. probably because the folder name to import is different from the actual name of the .ioc project inside.

I lost an hour because I thought I was importing the wrong way.

I will update you

TDK
Guru

If the project is grayed out, it already exists in the workspace.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I put the project folder on the desktop, imported it and now it works. Perfect!

The question is ... I don't want the project on the desktop, I want it in the workspace folder with all the other projects (C:\Users\me\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.8.0\myproject) how do I proceed?

I delete the folder from the desktop because stm32cubeIDE automatically creates it in the workspace? (I did and it seems to have happened like this)

@Andrew Neil @TDK 

TDK
Guru

You can remove (don't delete) the project from the workspace, move the folder, and re-import it from its new location. Don't think you can move it once imported.