cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support multiple STM targets in a project

Michael Uman
Associate II

Hello,

From time to time it is good to be able to target multiple STM devices for a project. In our case we are evaluating a number of chipsets and have eval boards for the various chips. What I want to do is to be able to generate a project which will build for each of the targets.

Firstly I cannot figure out how to change the target MCU from the project settings dialog. It seems that the MCU field is not editable. How can I change the target once the project has been generated? (Or do I need to regenerate from the .ioc file each time?)

Thank you,

Michael Uman

11 REPLIES 11

@mattias norlander​ This sounds good IMHO.

I can manually create a makefile CDT project; CubeIDE should be able to select the target MCU for the debugger,

and select the target toolchain so 'make' will just work. (nice to have. Cross tool prefix can be defined in the custom makefile as well).

What would be really great: open/import existing "generic" Eclipse CDT project (.project, .cproject, makefile) and "inject" the two above features into an existing configuration.

This would let me to start from existing CDT project for other processor, add a STM32 config, build it *and debug* in CubeIDE.

I think your request to "inject" the two features, is the same as requested by Andrew here:

CubeIDE: Imported Eclipse 'C' Project incorrectly defines __cplusplus (st.com)

My reply was:

"There is no easy way to get rid of "the little stunt" without making more substantial changes.

Those changes are not justified by the moderate usage numbers we see related to CDT projects."

Let me know if I misunderstood the point.

I will re-discuss with the team, but I am not to hopeful that we can find a solution with justified effort.

As always - appreciate the feedback!

And remember that we scan the Idea Zone (st.com) on a weekly basis to qualify change request or new feature requests.

We do take the number of votes related to each idea into our consideration when qualifying the feedback.