cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import or add the project generated in CubeMX to STM32CubeIDE?

RhSilicon
Lead

Hi, I tried to create and import through the *.ioc file, but it didn't work. The EWARM folder does not appear along with the other project folders. I tried to generate again with the Device Configuration Tool Code Generator, but it didn't work, even with the RTOS Azure appearing on the screen, the EWARM folder is not created in the project.

It also failed to compile if added as C project, seems to be importing as project with Makefile. I tried to clean the project, but it didn't work.

Project generated in CubeMX:

CubeMX_Azure.png

STM32CubeIDE:

CubeIDE_Azure_fail.png

CubeIDE_Azure_Import_Fail.png

CubeIDE_Azure_fail2.png

Would it be possible to add a way to add the projects generated by CubeMX without having to rework anything, since they use the same database (FW_F4)?

CubeIDE_Azure_fail3.png

11 REPLIES 11
KnarfB
Principal III

EWARM is another IDE, not STM32CubeIDE. Did you set STM32CubeIDE in the STM32CubeMX Project Manager tab before exporting?

hth

KnarfB

So it could be a bug, apparently STM32CubeIDE is pre-selected,

CubeMX_Toolchain.png

But since it's the first time I'm generating a STM32CubeIDE project through STM32CubeMX, which I consider a step backwards, so I hadn't paid attention to that.

I'll try to generate new project codes for these different toolchain options to see how they turn out.

After having selected another toolchain different from the STM32CubeIDE, the next times the STM32CubeIDE toolchain was selected, the STM32CubeMX generated the project codes without the EWARM folder.

But I couldn't redo the initial steps of STM32CubeMX, because the uninstaller didn't remove all the data, and the new installation found the user settings again.

I opened a notification about the uninstaller problem, if I manage to perform a new clean installation of STM32CubeMX and this problem occurs again from the EWARM folder, I will open a notification. For now, if anyone else has this problem, please open a notification.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubemx-mcu/on-linux-the-stm32cubemx-uninstaller-did-not-remove-all-files/m-p/569863#M25301

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

As @KnarfB wrote, the EWARM folder is for a different IDE (which you probably don't have, else you would know). So there's no any problem, except some user forget to choose correct options.

RhSilicon
Lead

I remembered that I had tried to install STM32CubeMX from a version that gave an error in Java recognition, if I'm not mistaken it asked for Java version 11.

I deleted some hidden folders in the user directory, and reinstalled STM32CubeMX, I noticed that apparently there were changes in CubeMX behavior. For example, the first time the project was generated it was possible to reopen the project in CubeMX and change the name and location, but now I can no longer make these changes.

I believe there was some data from the previous installation, but as I only remembered now this case of the Java error, I had already deleted the folders so I won't try to find out what was in them.

RhSilicon
Lead

Regarding project import, I recommend that whoever is going to create the project leave the "Generate Under Root" option checked, although CubeMX warns about possible conflicts.

CubeMX_Under_Root2.png

This causes the project not to be created nested in the project folder. If this option is not checked, STM32CubeIDE will import the files from the Root folder as a reference, even the Inc folders are not in the accessible file tree, only the *.c (Src) files are available.

CubeMX_Under_Root.png

Maybe simpler is use only IDE. MX plugin is inside and is compatible with IDE version.

If you use standalone MX you need right versions for both IDE and MX combination , and ofcourse instalation must be ok.

I'm trying to use rtos Azure, I couldn't make the "Device Configuration Tool Code Generator" from STM32CubeIDE generate the code with rtos, if using the Generator it removes the RTOS.

When I search for Azure rtos, I get an example of using the H7, and in a video it says that the Azure package is compatible with STM32CubeMX, that's why this madness.

Maybe i dont understand , but my old IDE 1.7 show this in software package selector

MM1_0-1687622179384.png

then i after download one click add to project AZRTOS .... What is your issue ?