cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to drive two stepper motors with IHM14A1 driver ?

NDute.11
Associate

Hello to all,

I would like to know if there are people who have managed to run two stepper motors with IHM14A1 drivers, under the STM32CubesIDE interface. 

To drive a 2-wheel robot via an STM32, I would like to be able to control two stepper motors with stacked IHM14A1 drivers, for navigation.

Thank you in advance for your feedback. 

Regards, 

Nathan

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "STM32 Motor Control" section to the "Motor Control Hardware" section (the question is not about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @NDute.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

From the hardware point of view you can select the two different control lines for STCK (set the motor speed) and DIR (set the motor direction):

0693W00000Bbs6pQAB.png 

To set the voltage value at the STSPIN820 REF input you can put in high-impedance the correspondent GPIO and use the R7 trimmer to set the Vref and then motor torque (the maximum value is 0.5 V with VDD = 3.3 V).

The step mode (MODEx pins) and decay mode (DECAY pin) are in common for the two boards.

in case you want to make these parameters different, an extreme solution is remove the connector pins and use the on board switches (S1, S2, S3 and S4).

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Hi @NDute.1​,

any update on your project progress?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"