cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when building X-nucleo-IHM11M1 (motor controller board for STM32-F401RE) demo software in CubeIDE.

JLusk.1
Associate

Import seems to be successful but the build configuration seems to be faulty. The error I get is

"Errors occurred during the build.

Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'STM32F401RE-Nucleo Configuration'.

Internal error building project STM32F401RE-Nucleo Configuration configuration Debug

java.lang.NullPointerException

Internal error building project STM32F401RE-Nucleo Configuration configuration Debug

java.lang.NullPointerException"

In the build menu the following error is displayed.

0693W00000HqEwkQAF.pngIs there any fix for this or am I missing something obvious?

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @JLusk.1​ 

I have moved your question in "Motor Control HW" topic.

Best regards

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @JLusk.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Try to copy the attached project in this folder: ...\Projects\Multi\Applications\MotorControl

where you have the project of all the other IDEs

Let me know if this solve the error

JLusk.1
Associate

Hi, thanks for the reply.

There now are significantly fewer errors but there is still one instance where a file cannot be found, I don't know if it might be my specific install of stm32CubeIDE but in any case it cannot complete the build.

The error message is as follows:

make: *** No rule to make target '/.../STM32CubeExpansion_SPN11_V1.0.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal_mmc.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32f4xx_hal_mmc.o'. Stop.

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.