cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure virtual COM using G0B1RE? Windows driver needed?

GNune.1
Associate

Hi.

I am working on an application using the USB Virtual COM of the G0B1RE. In the Connectivity option, I enabled the USB_DRD_FS in Device_Only (FS) mode, and in Middleware I configured the USB_DEVICE option as Communication Device Class (Virtual COM). 

I tried to run a simple communication test just by sending a message through the CDC_transmit_FS function:

-------------------------------------------------------------

uint8_t bufferTX [] = "TEST USB";

CDC_Transmit_FS(bufferTX, sizeof(bufferTX));

HAL_Delay(1000);

--------------------------------------------------------------

The problem encountered is that Windows did not recognize the Virtual COM, giving the following message: "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED".

Could someone help me? Do I need to install any driver in Windows 10 to recognize Virtual COM?

6 REPLIES 6
gbm
Lead III

No driver is needed for CDC generated by CubeMX. Debug your program, check that you are not stuck in some exception handler.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

"USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" means the PC cannot read the device descriptor.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Gustavo Nunes Araújo​ and welcome to the Community 🙂 ;

Windows 10 does not require the installation of the Virtual COM Port driver anymore, as it is already built in. So, no driver is required for W10.

To solve the issue, please try to increase the heap size.

For more explanation, I advise you to follow this article to solve the problem.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

sravani
Visitor

Hi,

Am also getting same issue in stm32G0B1RE, can you tell me solution?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Same issue - same solution.

I didn't understand  your reply