cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install the .zip file en.stm32h7_v1-8-0.zip

EDamm.1
Associate II

How to install it manually. IS there a oportunity to install it and keep it as a .zip-file?​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

You can use STM32CubeIDE or STM32CubeMX to install the downloaded .zip file (STM32CubeIDE: Help > Manage Emb. SW Packages > From Local...)

The .zip file will be copied and unzipped to %USERPROFILE%\STM32Cube\Repository (win) or $HOME/STM32Cube/Repository (Linux). The .zip file stays there for reference.

If you have already unzipped the file to a folder of your choice, in CubeMX Project Manager you have the option to select a custom firmware folder like %TEMP%\stm32cube_fw_f7_v1160\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0 (although the file dialog really *****).

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello

Zip file must be deployed. Can't work as zip only in repository

CUBMX >Help> Manage embedded software packgages

0693W000006GqMjQAK.jpg 

KnarfB
Principal III

You can use STM32CubeIDE or STM32CubeMX to install the downloaded .zip file (STM32CubeIDE: Help > Manage Emb. SW Packages > From Local...)

The .zip file will be copied and unzipped to %USERPROFILE%\STM32Cube\Repository (win) or $HOME/STM32Cube/Repository (Linux). The .zip file stays there for reference.

If you have already unzipped the file to a folder of your choice, in CubeMX Project Manager you have the option to select a custom firmware folder like %TEMP%\stm32cube_fw_f7_v1160\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0 (although the file dialog really *****).

hth

KnarfB

Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi Edamm1,

You can download the STM32CubeH7 directly from ST website. You can download the latest version or choose between previous versions.

Here is a direct link.

Best regards,

Ons.

EDamm.1
Associate II

Thanks a lot!

I have only installed STM32CubeIDE 1.5.0

I thougt this IDE has CubeMX includet now.

How can I switch in CubeIDE to CubeMX?

​Over the .ioc file double click?

Or do I have to install CubeMX separatly?

Hi EDamm.1,

Yes you have to install STM32CubeMx separately in order to open .ioc files.

Best Regards,

Ons.

@Ons KOOLI​ ... ??? @EDamm.1​ is fully right STM32CubeMX is STM32CubeiDE integrated! No need to add MX setup.

Let's rely on File > New > STM32 project from .ioc file !!!

Let's rely on File > New > STM32 project from .ioc file.

Or if STM32CubeIDE project existing alreday yes x2 click on .ioc file to get Device Configuration Tool editor active.