cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI i am using a dual core STM32H745BIT6 and i am using an internal oscillator, i am having some issues

fMoha.1
Associate II

problem:

1. this occurs when i launch the debugger "Break at address "0xfffffffe" with no debug information available, or outside of program code".
  2. when i click on resume debug then its like i disconnected the jtag it says "Target is not responding, retrying..." and then shutdown..... then says EXIT.
  3. 0693W00000KbijOQAR.png0693W00000KbijdQAB.png0693W00000KbihNQAR.png
6 REPLIES 6

Suggests it is reading 0xFFFFFFFF from one of the vector tables, as you've written FLASH section for one of the cores, and not the other.

Other tools merge the M4 .HEX into the M7 .HEX before writing the combined image.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

hi Tesla,

thank you for replay, i where can i find the option to write FLASH selection for the second core?

i have been struggling with this problem for 2 weeks.

fMoha.1
Associate II

#define VECT_TAB_OFFSET 0x00000000UL /*!< Vector Table base offset field.

This value must be a multiple of 0x300. */

is it this one?

fMoha.1
Associate II

i even tried using only single core but still the problem comes back

In Keil the some project builds in two halves, you Build the M4, Download/Flash it

Built the M7 side, Download and Debug

Perhaps there are some video, tutorials or manuals for CubeIDE

Perhaps look at STM32H745I-DISCO board level examples. Project structure, meta-data settings, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

Have a look at this app note on how to setup a project for STM32H7 dual-core debug:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5361-getting-started-with-projects-based-on-dualcore-stm32h7-microcontrollers-in-stm32cubeide-stmicroelectronics.pdf

I think this is a good first step, it covers also how to load both elf-files in one debug configuration.

Then, let's see if your own configuration in MX actually impacts the behavior.