cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am working on STM32L562E-DK and I was trying the " HID_standalone" example from STM32CubeIDE but it is not working. The example project is supposed to emulate the Mouse directions using User push-button mounted on the STM32L562E-DK board.

MOsta.1
Associate II

I would like to know if the example project is working normally. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MOsta.1
Associate II

In fact, now it is working . The USB cable should be connected to the CN15 connector but In the readme file document of the "HID_standalone" project , there is a small mistake where it is written that the USB cable should be connected to CN16.

Thank you Imen 🙂

Mario.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MOsta.1​ ,

Let me first welcome you to the STM32 Community 🙂

Please try to provide some details on your case:

You did not precise the version of the Cube firmware package and STM32cubeIDE you are using . Is-it the last version ?

Do you get an error message ?

Check your pin configuration and make sure that you follow the readme file which describes the example and how to test it.

If you can debug and localize where the the code stop and the kind of message gives.

Please, keep us informed about your progress.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MOsta.1
Associate II

Thank you for your reply Imen. 🙂

I am using the STM32CubeFW_L5 v1.4.0 firmware package and the version 1.6.0 of the STM32cubeIDE. I am using Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS as operating system.

In fact, I am able to build the project successfully without getting an error message, but after running the application I am not getting any output when pushing the user push button.

Based on the readme file, I am supposed to see the cursor of the mouse moving after pushing the push button.

While debugging the code and after connecting the usb cable to the CN16 connector of the board, I am receiving an error message as follow: " libusb: error [udev_hotplug_event] ignoring udev action bind".

Also I noticed that the VID and the PID of the usb connector on my PC are different from the VID and PID configured in the project . Even if I change the VID and the PID in the project ; the parameters will not change on my PC. These are the VID and PID parameters on my PC as follow:

0693W00000AOn5wQAD.png 

Thank you for your help,

Mario.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Check your USB cables or perhaps other problems on your side like: ST-link upgrade or try on another PC.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MOsta.1
Associate II

In fact, now it is working . The USB cable should be connected to the CN15 connector but In the readme file document of the "HID_standalone" project , there is a small mistake where it is written that the USB cable should be connected to CN16.

Thank you Imen 🙂

Mario.

Thanks @MOsta.1​ for your update and reported typo.

I will raise internally your feedback regarding readme file for check and take the necessary action.

Imen

Thanks
Imen