HAL_SAI_DMAPause()
HAL_SAI_DMAResume()
HAL_SAI_DMAStop()
HAL_SAI_Receive_DMA()
HAL_SAI_Transmit_DMA()

Wouldn't it make sense to have a

HAL_SAI_DMAStart()

?

With this nomenclature i don't have a clue how to tx/rx data to/from an audio device. Where can i find an official, minimal reproducible example utilizing either the receive-function or the rxCompleteCallbacks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LCE
Principal

HAL_SAI_DMAStart() - start what, RX or TX? 😉

A look into these functions might help...

HAL_SAI_Receive_DMA() starts receiving data, means you have an ADC connected,

HAL_SAI_Transmit_DMA() starts transmitting data, means you have a DAC connected.

I guess you're using CubeMX, so check the local repo (C:\Users\"user name"\STM32Cube\Repository) for examples.

I don't know the STM32U5, but I guess it's very similar most other SAIs, there's some info and tutorials out there.

And in case of doubt, Always read the reference manual!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LCE
Principal

HAL_SAI_DMAStart() - start what, RX or TX? 😉

A look into these functions might help...

HAL_SAI_Receive_DMA() starts receiving data, means you have an ADC connected,

HAL_SAI_Transmit_DMA() starts transmitting data, means you have a DAC connected.

I guess you're using CubeMX, so check the local repo (C:\Users\"user name"\STM32Cube\Repository) for examples.

I don't know the STM32U5, but I guess it's very similar most other SAIs, there's some info and tutorials out there.

And in case of doubt, Always read the reference manual!

JTedot
Associate II

Alright, found out that calling either HAL_SAI_T/R_DMA() once with the circular mode on acts exactly as i would have imagined a HAL_SAI_DMAStart() to work. It triggers the half- and complete callbacks and fills the buffers autonomously, thank you. I don't understand your mentioning of an ADC or DAC, the SAI is most commonly used with I2S or PCM, both have nothing to do with neither ADC nor DAC (?)