cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Fedora) Stuck on splash screen: UX_CORESTACK_Condition cause : null

iforce2d
Associate III

I was using STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 today, and something went strange with the .ioc editor. I was clicking on a pin to set it as GPIO_In, and suddenly the editor seemed to reset as if it had just been opened afresh (frame sizes reset and view position of the pins diagram changed). After that the editor was completely unresponsive and I noticed 'java' was using 100% of the CPU.

I killed the java process and tried to restart, but it remained stuck on the splash screen. It has been a while since I updated the IDE so I downloaded 1.12.1 to see if it would help. I found that 1.12.1 will run ok if I set the workspace as an empty folder, but if I try to use the original workspace, then 1.12.1 will also freeze at the splash screen. It seems like something about the files of that project have been tainted.

When starting the IDE from the comand line, I get this output:

[chris@localhost ~]$ /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.12.1/stm32cubeide_wayland
1 : Invalid condition id : UX_CORESTACK_Condition cause : null

I am using Fedora Linux  36. Does anybody know what the heck is going on here?

2 REPLIES 2
iforce2d
Associate III

I found a workaround.

1. Remove offending project folder from workspace, this prevents splash screen hanging
  2. Start the IDE, close all editor views, close IDE
  3. Replace the project folder in the workspace
  4. Start IDE and import the project (File -> Import, Existing projects into workspace)

The .ioc editor is a nice idea but by God is it flaky. I'm so nervous every time I use it.

Selso LIBERADO
Associate III

This happened to me.

Fist because my disk was full. And then launching the IDE partially corrupted the files.

@iforce2d Your procedure worked fine. I did not need to import the project it was stil referenced in the workspace. Replacing the source was sufficient.