cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to bind to port

DDS
Associate II

Hi,

while connecting the stm32 blue pill board, the ST link(Debugger) is not detecting. And throwing an error,

Failed to bind to port 61235, error code -1: No error

Failure starting SWV server on TCP port: 61235

Failed to bind to port 61234, error code -1: No error

Failure starting GDB server: TCP port 61234 not available.

Shutting down...

Exit.

Any suggestions could help.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @DDS 

I suggest you take a look at this post, it should be helpful.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Tried the above post solution. Tried uninstalling and installing new version but still facing the issue. Any other solutions?

Thank you.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Firstly, as has often been discussed here in the community (e.g. here or there), the Blue Pills have not been built with original STM32F103s for years, but with cheap counterfeits that are not (or cannot be) supported.

Secondly, you are probably using one of the ST-LINK in a tin can, right? The connection will not work with this either, as these are also cheap counterfeits that are not (or cannot be) supported. Or do you at least have an original ST-LINK from an authorised dealer (i.e. not from Ebay or other "trustworthy" sources)?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

The stm32f103 (blue pill) which i am using was with the original ST electronics microcontroller(stm32f103c8t6) because bought the blue pill and replaced the controller with the original controller which is bought from authorized dealer. And the ST- link is also from the authorized dealer. 

Thank you.