cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: cannot open jar file c:\Program::

DIngr.1
Associate II

Issue #1: I am using the latest Versions of CubeMX and CubeIce running Windows 10. I have been using the these for several months. In the Past I could double-click the .project file for a project and cubeide would launch and load the project. Now, that doesn't work. I get the message "Error: cannot open jarfile c:\program" in a pop-up box titled "java virtual machine launcher". I have re-installed java jre-1.8.0.281. The project of interest can still be imported into cubeide an modified (except as below).

Note that I updated to the latest version of cubeide after noticing this problem in an earlier version. Did a windows update crate the problem??

Any suggestions??

6 REPLIES 6
Julien D
ST Employee

This is unfortunately a well known regression introduced in 1.6.1 if your project path contains spaces

A fix will be published with 1.7.0, waiting for this we can only suggest to move your project in a location which has not spaces.

DIngr.1
Associate II

Seems to be much more than that.

1. There are no spaces in the path to the project, only underscores (_). Exception being 'C:\Program Files' .
  2. When I import a project and try to make a copy of a project and save to new location with a different name, I can no longer access the original project
  3. When I use the explorer to copy a project to a totally new folder (with no spaces in path), I cannot load it into CubeIde.

Fortunately, I can continue to work using the trial version of KIELa. but that will only last a short while.

Perhaps the answer is that I installed in the normal "c:\Program Files" folder instead of the default."C:\ST.." folder. I'll reinstall there and try again. if that doesn't work I'll try to go back to ver 1.5 .

Thanks.

It is definitely not recommended to install STM32CubeIDE on long paths, especially not on paths that contain spaces.

The reason is the almost untouched Eclipse and GNU GCC environment, which already contains very long path names with the packages. It's not a problem on Linux and maybe MacOSX, but the Windows limit is much smaller.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Installing to default path seems to cure all problems.

Great!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best for the favourite answer. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I spoke far too soon.

I cannot make a copy of a working project.

I used the copy and paset techniqu --- Didn't work

I copied the ioc file, and re-created the project in different folder -- didn't work

I would send screen shot but no upload here