cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging issue: "arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe has stopped working"

DMcCu.2
Associate

When I try to debug my code before running, I get the following error "arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe has stopped working". I am using STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0 with a Nucleo L476RG board. I have tried restarting the IDE and computer. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

0693W000005AfZbQAK.png

8 REPLIES 8
MPanz.1
Associate

Experiencing the same issue. Any help with getting past this error?

LaurentL
ST Employee

Hi,

Can you try on the new STM32CubeIde 1.5.0 ?

Thanks,

Laurent

MPanz.1
Associate

I am using 1.5.0. Just bought a Nucleo64 board to play around with the STM32 and following Digikey's youtube intro videos. But I did fix the issue last night by playing around with the Debug Configuration settings. I set the Reset Behavior to "Software System reset" and the issue went away. Thanks for replying.

If you go into debug configuration and activate the "gdb server log" and set the settings to when it crashed. Could you send that log to me?

You can send it to me in a private message.

I tried to modify debug configuration as Markus mentioned above, then this issue doesn't appear on my L476RG.

I am using IDECube 1.6.0 / Windows 10 OS.

@Markus GIRDLAND​ I'm having the same problem. I'm using 1.6.0 on Windows 10 with Nucleo-L4R5ZI-P. It have worked perfectly for 2 weeks and it suddenly crashes everytime I try to start debugging. I've tried all i can think of, but nothing resolves the problem. I have activated "gdb server log" and can send it to you if that can help you find the problem.

@JWait.1​ What did you modify?

Since communication to GDB runs via TCP-IP / sockets, I would check the SW installation log of the machine.

Perhaps some AV/firewall software takes it's business too serious, or a Windows update messed up again.

I was totally newbie with STM32, which means my setting was almost stock condition.

I only touched 'debug configuration', followed Markus comment above.

Then it started to work. I don't have firewall on my machine.