cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Debug] Software reset with bootloader

PGior.2
Associate

Hello everyone,

on my MCU i've loaded a bootloader at address 0x0800000 and a dummy application at 0x0810000, but i'm experiencing some issues on chip reset button on the IDE. At first, when i debug the application no errors are encountered and the application starts on main(). When i press on reset button (software reset), i'm facing address errors since the debuggers takes me on wrong addresses and does not restart on main().

How can i fix this? Are there some commands i can apply on IDE's reset interface?

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

you need to restart , menu: run -> restart

or symbol

AScha3_0-1694950424281.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

This will restart debug session from main()?

yes.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @PGior.2 ,

As your issue is related to Bootloader topic , I invite you to have a look at this post. This could help you to locate your issue.

Also, Make sure the setting of SCB->VTOR(VTOR to point to system flash) in SystemInit() points at the address of your vector table.

To further investigate your issue, could you provide the used MCU and the steps to create your bootloader application.

Regards,

Rim