cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMx - ETH Rx Buffers Address no longer there

musmuris
Associate II

[EDIT - I had Rx Buffers length before which is still there. I mean Rx Buffers Address which has vanished)

Trying to walk the right path to get Ethernet working on a dev board, but using CubeMX as the basis (have looked at 

LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS  and https://github.com/stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/tree/main and now trying to recreate)

A lot of other example posts have something like this (numbers may vary

musmuris_0-1706459004142.png

However in the latest STM32CubeIDE or MX  that Rx Buffers Address is now gone.  Both the examples above have something for that in code, and in the linker script. 

Anyone know why this changed recently? Or if any examples have been updated.

I have the Nucleo-H743ZI2 board to be exact.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello,

After checking internally, the Rx Buffers Address was removed from ETH mode starting with version 6.6.0 since it is not used in H7 (tracked in internal ticket 129514).

Thank you,

Souhaib

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello @musmuris 

First let me thank you for posting!

Using the STM32CubeMX 6.10, the Rx Buffers Length exist in the ETH configuration.

Could you check please.

Thank you!

Souhaib

musmuris
Associate II

Ack -found and posted the wrong picture and took the words from there. Spent so long looking at this and trying to get it working :( 

Sorry - Just updated the initial post and image

Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello,

After checking internally, the Rx Buffers Address was removed from ETH mode starting with version 6.6.0 since it is not used in H7 (tracked in internal ticket 129514).

Thank you,

Souhaib