cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE used to have a button to reset processor and restart the debug, without disrupting the debugging. This button allows me to restart the MCU from the beginning after a pause in debugging mode. How do I get this button back?

JNguyen
Senior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Harvey White
Senior III

In the picture you have submitted:

Red block with green arrow under "Navigate" label, halts, recompiles, reloads, then executes (like F11). that's the one you have highlighted.

Green arrow with yellow arrow circling under it. Found under the refactor label. This resets the processor without reloading it. That's the one you want. Fifth icon from the left.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

I was looking for this recently and couldn't find it. I swear it was there before as well. Glad I'm not losing my marbles.

There are likely ways to reset the processor through the debugger command line, but it looks like the button is gone for now.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Harvey White
Senior III

It's there, but you have to be in the debug window to see it. Look for an icon with a right pointing triangle with a circular arrow under the triangle. On my system, it's the fifth icon from the left.

JNguyen
Senior

How to be in debug window? I've been doing debugging, so I should be in debug mode, but I'm not seeing that button.

I also try Customize Perspective, and got this message when click on "Restart Toolbar" box.

0693W00000JPA9oQAH.pngWhen I click on "Reset the chip..." box, I got this0693W00000JPABoQAP.pngHow do I fix all of this?

JNguyen
Senior

I found it.

On upper right corner of IDE, click on "Open Perspective" button.

0693W00000JPAOnQAP.pngThen select Debug.

0693W00000JPARDQA5.pngThen the bug icon on upper right corner should be highlighted, and looks like this

0693W00000JPAPgQAP.pngWhen I close and restart IDE, it become MX perspective, instead of Debug perspective. How do I save the perspective setting?

Harvey White
Senior III

When you restart the IDE, the default setting is generally the C, C++ perspective.

Try this:

1) clicking on any file tab (main.c) should bring up the C, C++ perspective. If you haven't told it so, then you'll get a "this is normally associated with the C, C++ perspective, do you wish to switch, select "remember my decision" and "yes"

that ought to get you out of the MX window (the order of the icons isn't important)

2) do a control B (or build your solution).

3) hit F11 to go to debugging (automatically load solution into processor). If you are not in the debug window, it should ask you the same question: "this is normally associated with the debug perspective, do you wish to switch, select "remember my decision" and "yes"

If it won't do this, then try resetting the perspective.

You seem to have gotten it into a mode that I haven't seen.

Normally it should be in the C, C++ perspective but you ought to be able to switch to any one.

JNguyen
Senior

I couldn't get it to switch to Debug perspective automatically after F11. I remember seeing the setting somewhere, but can't find it now.

BTW, I get Terminate and Relaunch button in Debug perspective. This button will restart the processor from beginning. However, it re-programs the processor first.

0693W00000KZbS8QAL.pngIs there another button to restart (such as activating the reset pin of the processor) without re-programming the processor?

Harvey White
Senior III

In the picture you have submitted:

Red block with green arrow under "Navigate" label, halts, recompiles, reloads, then executes (like F11). that's the one you have highlighted.

Green arrow with yellow arrow circling under it. Found under the refactor label. This resets the processor without reloading it. That's the one you want. Fifth icon from the left.

JNguyen
Senior

Yeah, I got it. It was right under my nose. Thanks every1.