cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error

franck42
Associate II

Hello,

sorry to ask you, I am not a programming professional, but a user on a particular project. As long as everything goes well it's perfect but when I have a problem it becomes complicated for me.
I'm trying to compile a code after having customized it for my needs, so I loaded the .ioc file into the IDE, everything went well, however when I run DEBUG, I get messages errors that I don't know how to interpret.

My understanding is that the compiler is expecting files but not finding the correct ones. What is strange is that in theory the project is complete.

If you could help me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

error compil.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Note that STM32CubeIDE uses GCC and Make anyhow.

As @STTwo-32 said, the problem is most likely that your Include Paths are not correct.

Check your Include Paths by right-clicking the Project name in the Project Explorer, and then choosing 'Properties':

AndrewNeil_1-1702393567722.png

Then go to C/C++ Build > Settings > MCU GCC Compiler > Include Paths:

AndrewNeil_2-1702393718794.png

For each of the four header files listed in your errors:

AndrewNeil_3-1702393767078.png

Check that the folder containing that file is in your list of Include Paths.

To add an include path, you can right-click a folder in the Project Explorer, and choose 'Add/Remove Include Path':

AndrewNeil_0-1702393424408.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @franck42 and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

It seems the include paths are not properly set up.

Please make sure to configure the include paths and check the path of the header files. Maybe those folders are not in the include folder list.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTw

I was not able to resolve my problem, I switched to GCC to try with Make, and everything is ok. My objective has been achieved but without understanding, I will see a little later.

THANKS

Note that STM32CubeIDE uses GCC and Make anyhow.

As @STTwo-32 said, the problem is most likely that your Include Paths are not correct.

Check your Include Paths by right-clicking the Project name in the Project Explorer, and then choosing 'Properties':

AndrewNeil_1-1702393567722.png

Then go to C/C++ Build > Settings > MCU GCC Compiler > Include Paths:

AndrewNeil_2-1702393718794.png

For each of the four header files listed in your errors:

AndrewNeil_3-1702393767078.png

Check that the folder containing that file is in your list of Include Paths.

To add an include path, you can right-click a folder in the Project Explorer, and choose 'Add/Remove Include Path':

AndrewNeil_0-1702393424408.png

franck42
Associate II

Hello Andrew

as I didn't want to die ***, I tested it, it was definitely a problem with the path.

Thanks for the detail.