cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare TrueStudio with STM32CubeIDE

New.Fish
Associate III

I'm using TrueStudio for my previous product coding/debugging.  I downloaded some example projects from ST website,  there are options for IAR/Keil/STM32CubeIDE, is TrueStudio fully replaced by STM32CubeIDE?

I'm get used to TrueStudio, is STM32CubeIDE much better than TrueStudio?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @New.Fish 

I suggest you to start migrating to CubeIDE. True studio is a product that is not recommended for new projects by ST. Even for support cases or problems, you can find more ressources for CubeIDE and it's going to be easy to get help for your issues. 

Best regards.

II

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

After the acquisition of Atollic by ST, TrueStudio was frozen. It is therefore still available, but at the level of a few years ago, which is why it neither knows the newly added STM32 derivatives, nor has it received any further developments.

For the STM32CubeIDE, Eclipse was taken as a basis, proven functions of TrueStudio were added and have been permanently developed since then.

So it's less a question of whether STM32CubeIDE is better, and more a question of whether you want to work with an outdated or an up-to-date tool.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
New.Fish
Associate III

When I was using TrueStudio, it seems better than Eclipse for debugging, the product is already in the market, just add some new feature if required, I will keep TrueStudio for it. 

My new design will use STM32CubeIDE for coding/debugging.

Hello @New.Fish 

I suggest you to start migrating to CubeIDE. True studio is a product that is not recommended for new projects by ST. Even for support cases or problems, you can find more ressources for CubeIDE and it's going to be easy to get help for your issues. 

Best regards.

II